Little Lottie: Pamper Night & Home-made Facial

Monday 23 June 2014

Pamper Night & Home-made Facial

When the man is away… I pamper. I love to give my hair and skin a luxury treatment occasionally and I rarely get to slip in the bath so when my man wasn't around I escaped to a girly wonderland. 

Chocolate and candle-
Everyone needs a bit of chocolate every pamper night. Make the experience even more luxurious with a scented candle, mine is Village Candle’s Brownie Delight scent, you can pick these up for a good price at Trago Mills.  

No7 cleansing brush-
Whilst focusing on my face throughout pamper night it is important to give some love to our bodies too. Rather than using an in-shower scrub I whipped out my No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush £24.95 which was too harsh for my face but great on the high speed setting for a light exfoliator on the body. Use in circular motions before jumping in for a soak.

Coconut oil in tips-
Before washing my hair I always put coconut oil on my tips, it makes my hair tangle free and the steam from the bath or shower will really boost the oil’s moisture factor! I find shampooing twice gets rid of the coconut oil and leaves you with locks like silk. 


Dr Bronner's Magic Soap: Almond-
Dr Bronner’s magic soaps are great and the almond flavour smells delicious! They have 18 uses including toothpaste, cleaner, shampoo and hand wash! For a small price and a big bottle you can save a lot of money with these bad boys.  After attempting the shampoo and face wash methods I resulted with dry skin and hair due to the foaming agent in the soap but I love popping some in the bath purely for the smell. (Excuse the paint on the bottle, I found another use for the magic soap)

Favorite cleanser/Liz Earle muslin cloth-
To kick start the facial process I cleansed with my favourite balm cleanser: Clinique Take the day Off Balm. This is a really moisturising balm that effortlessly cleans and removes impurities (read review here.) I went a step further and used my Liz Earle muslin cloth to steam away any leftover nastiness. 


Honey and coconut face mask-
We all love our face masks now and then and to keep this post as budgeted as possible I made my own. I hate purchasing expensive products to find that natural products (food) work so much better, for example, if you have pores you are probably familiar with the Biore blackhead nose strips. Personally I don’t notice the effects of these £7 strips but slapping on some olive oil and steaming on the other hand keeps me poreless for days! Instead of using a branded alternative I mixed a teaspoon of raw honey (draws out bacteria) with a teaspoon of coconut oil (moisturising) and a dribble of warm water to soften the mixture. The results are magnificent and the benefits include less pores/blackheads and baby soft skin! 


Naked Detox Shampoo and Herbal Essences Tousle me Softly Conditioner-
After soaking in the hot bath I used a more detoxing hair treatment than normal, the naked detox peppermint shampoo and conditioner is great at removing any product build up but uses organic ingredients so it doesn't strip the hair. To further condition the hair I used Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly conditioner which really does leave a tousled look that I love. 


Satin Care Shave Gel and Wilkinson Sword Hydro Razor-
I’m trying to be brave and start epilating to save the hassle of shaving but when I do shave using Satin Care with a touch of Olay Sensitive Shave Gel makes the entire experience quick and easy. I don’t get razor rash on my legs after using the gel and it doesn't leave me with dryness like when I use a normal body wash, paired with my Wilkinson sword hydro razor they are a match made in heaven. I have a feeling this golden bottle will be a bath and shower staple for a while. 



Green tea ice cube facial-
I recently read a great tip on Lauren Conrad’s website for at home facials, most stars claim to have great skin due to salon treatments like facials so an at home remedy is very welcome! Lauren amongst others say that by rubbing an ice cube over the skin you can shrink blemishes, improve circulation, create a dewy glow and reduce pores, yes please. I had to give it a whirl so to spice the facial up I froze pure green tea rather than plain water; the results were good but probably not salon quality. I wrapped two of the green tea ice cubes in a muslin cloth (if you put ice directly onto the skin you can cause damage) then rubbed them all over my skin in circular motions until melted. My pores were definitely closed and my skin felt like a baby’s but I saw no improvement in blemishes after the first treatment. For the price I’m definitely not complaining. 






Boots Salon Nail Hardener-
The perfect time to sort out your nails is after the shower as they go soft and are easier to cut and shape. I used Boots Salon Nail Hardener and my reliable Nails Inc kiwi scented nail file (very old) for a natural look. 


Hope you enjoyed my pamper night tips! I certainly enjoyed trying them.
Comment with any suggestions and don't forget to follow for more.
Little Lottie XO

No comments:

Post a Comment