Little Lottie: Around the World in 1 Blog Post

Monday 17 February 2014

Around the World in 1 Blog Post

My main ambition in life is to see the world. 

I'm a bit of a homing pigeon so couldn't go backpacking for months but I definitely want to see the sites, walk on white sands and get a tan once in a while! 

I'm very lucky to have gone where I have and seen the beautiful places I’ve explored, so as I carry on making my way around the world one holiday at a time I will share my adventures.

(I apologize in advance for making anyone feel like holidaying)


Going WAY back to 2009 I took a rather small family trip to the Isle of Wight. The island isn’t far but with the sun shining on the pool and white sandy beaches I felt like I was a million miles away. The island is gorgeous and quaint with many white beaches and piers dotted about. We visited the white cliffs and of course the local donkey sanctuary!

Hanging at the white cliffs

Pool area 

My next destination was my first trip without my family and the longest trip I've taken to this day! With the promise of 2 weeks in China, seeing the Great Wall and learning the Chinese language I signed up for a school trip to Beijing. It goes without saying this was a once in a life time opportunity that I will never forget. The capital is gorgeous and impeccably clean despite the pollution and bad press they may receive. It was boiling at 40 degrees most of the trip however due to illness me and the group were kept in a hotel for over a week because of swine flu. This meant we missed out on the Chinese lessons but still had an amazing time!
Olympic Stadium, Beijing 2009

The Summer Palace, China 2009
Me at The Great Wall Of China, 2009
A year later, in 2010 I headed to Africa for a family beach holiday in Tunisia. This was an amazing experience but the culture is very different and sometimes upsetting to animal lovers like us soppy lot! After many falls off a banana boat, a henna tattoo and a few coliseum visits I was eager for the next holiday. 
Colosseum 

A spot of flying
 In 2012 I went to Turkey, Marmaris to be precise. This was an amazing family holiday although I missed my other half rather a lot (soppy romantic). I saw so many beautiful sites including turtles, tombs and mud baths! I consumed A LOT of exotic cocktails and had a bad night with a fishbowl but Turkey was one of my favourite places and I plan to go back this year to revisit the beautiful beaches and green covered hills. 
17th Birthday on the harbor

Beach 

Pigeon Tombs
Last year my sister and I took our first trip together without mum, we needed a girly break and wanted a cheap and cheerful holiday to get away from work and reality. We ended up popping into the travel agents one day with no idea where to go and walked out with a week in Spain! Despite the wind making it slightly chilly we had an amazing time, spent 2 full days in a theme park and went around Barcelona eating ice cream! We also experienced our first bar crawl and drank a lot of peach snaps. 
we had a swinging time ;)
Blustery Beach

Theme Park

Barcelona
Not too long ago in May my fiancĂ© and I went on our first holiday together, after 4 years together we wanted a romantic getaway and I was desperate to show him the world. We were soon on a plane to Cyprus for a week of…Rain. It rained for 3 dismal days and we started to lose hope in our luck but we had 4 days of sunshine that made it all worth it. We visited Paphos and ventured up in the mountains where we drank lots of wine and ate gorgeous meze. 
Enjoy the wine tasting

The famous theatre

Aphrodite's Rock


As life goes on, year by year I aim to explore more places. Travelling has become somewhat a passion, if you have any destinations you think I should explore leave a comment!

Little Lottie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment