Little Lottie: Ren Clay Cleanser Review

Monday 5 January 2015

Ren Clay Cleanser Review

My last cleansing post was called 'the average cleansers' because I didn't see results, even much difference after using them. I'm constantly on the look out for new and natural skincare products to try and after a colleague recommended Ren I couldn't believe I hadn't tried them before. 


They have a big range of products and cleansers come in all different forms but the Clay Cleanser stood out to me most. It's part of their ClearCalm3 range and claims to smooth skin. My breakouts are hormonal so I didn't think anything I put on my face could change much but I've just finished my first bottle and I can honestly say I'm in love! 


Clay is known to be good for the skin and has really agreed with mine. I've used the cleanser as a mask to let the clay do its 'thang' and it never fails to leave my skin feeling velvety soft and without redness or large pores which other cleansers have done before. 

It reminds me of the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser in the way it takes off markup and mascara well but the Clay Cleanser is much more creamy and easy to work into the skin so I'm never pulling on my eyes to get product off. 


I also love the packaging of Ren products, you can always see how low you are and the pumps give just the right amount. It took me about 3-4 months to finish the entire bottle. I usually take one pump and work the clay into my skin for a minute or so, then I steam my face and remove the cleanser with an exfoliating cloth... (I'm loving Primark flannels right now, don't judge me.) 

I have only been using the cleanser once a day, in the evenings. Even though it's a very natural product it does clean the skin well and would be too much for my sensitive skin in the morning so I have just been steaming my face in the mornings and lightly washing with an exfoliating flannel. 

During my trip to Egypt, members of the spa would come round the beach trying to get us to come in for a facial, they explained to us that our pores are always closed because we live in colder places and the sun isn't out to open them and let our skin breath. They also use steaming in their facials to open pores further, I feel like we are so focused on banishing pores with toners and cold water so after steaming I have been leaving my skin then applying Aloe Vera so it gets into the skin rather than sitting on the surface. I have also stopped using toners in my routine and my skin is loving the simplicity of products now. 

So if you are struggling to find a new skincare 'turn to', I highly recommend Ren and am definitely going to check out more of their products. 

Let me know what skincare you're in love with. 
Little Lottie, XO

No comments:

Post a Comment