Little Lottie: Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Review

Friday 16 January 2015

Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Review

Since returning to the office after a lovely, but short Christmas break I have had many compliments on my complexion. I think a break from work and the air con probably plays a major part but I have switched a few things up in my skincare routine for 2015.

In a previous post I mentioned that I was trying out the Nip + Fab Glycolic fix range after seeing it plastered all over Instagram by beauts like Kylie Jenner and Millie Mackintosh. Call me a fool for believing the celeb sponsor and hype but at a reasonable price I couldn't resist picking them up.

As a serial ingredient watcher after a few uses I pushed them to the back of the cupboard, typical me. I thought the perfumes would offend my sensitive skin and haven't even glanced at them for weeks. I announced in my last post that I have stopped using toners and as a result my skin is liking the simplicity of the new routine but needed a little oomph and glow put into it. I turned straight to the Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Pads and have been using them at night after a cleanse with my Ren Clay Cleanser. It has seriously changed my life. I should have given them more of a chance before and looked into using them properly. The directions on the pads advise using them morning and night everyday but the Glycolic acid is too harsh to use daily and especially on delicate skin like mine so I am following the rule of 3 nights on, 3 nights off and only at nights when my skin benefits the most. Although it is very tempting to use them more often the skin needs time to repair itself after having the layers stripped from it so I use Aloe Vera at nights on my 'off days' to boost the repair process.

As soon as I use the pad I see a difference, chemical exfoliants are very effective and in ways more gentle than a manual scrub because the process happens overnight rather than scrubbing away dead skin and irritating it at the same time.

I am officially converted to acid exfoliants and have found myself pushing my microdermabrasion scrub to the back of the shelf. I'm keen to try the Nip+Fab body products next.

Have you tried Nip + Fab or acid exfoliants?
Leave a comment and let me know your favourite product!

Little Lottie XO

I'm really enjoying my new set up after getting a new camera and tripod from my one and only for Christmas. Here are some 'sneak, peek' behind the scene snaps.





No comments:

Post a Comment